In 2008 this program has been launched within the London Home Builders Association for members whose primary business is renovating. RenoMark originated out of the Toronto Home Builders Association and is being adopted by many Home Builder Associations across Canada. Consumers know that each company (who has paid to be part of this program) has signed off that they fulfill each of items on the code of conduct. What you need to remember as a consumer is that some items are vague and interpreted differently by different companies. Not all companies are alike and while this could be considered as a minimum standard, you still need to be prepared to research each company and make sure that it is a good fit for your project.
RenoMark™ members have agreed to abide by the following:
- Abide by the London Home Builders code of ethics.
- Provide a detailed, written contract, including scope of work, for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work, excluding minor home repair.
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite.
- Return phone calls within two business days.
- Be a member in good standing of the London Home Builders Association.
We recommend as you compare companies (even those that have the Renomark™ logo) to ensure they abide by these principles. Ask for proof.